Supporting the community
The Boyce culture is one of care, not just for our clients and our staff, but also for the communities in which we live and work.
As a way of formalising our commitment to ensuring we make a positive contribution, we established the Boyce Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Program.
The CSR program is driven by the Boyce team; all play a role in determining the direction of the program, the activities undertaken and the causes to support. This shared vision has enabled us to focus efforts in areas where we believe we can make a real and significant difference.
Since establishment of our CSR program, Boyce has contributed more than $265,000 via donations to local charities and events and through honorary accounting and audit activities for local community-based organisations. As well, the Boyce City2Surf team (comprised of various staff members, their families and clients) fundraise each year to support wonderful causes such as Cure For Life Foundation, Angel Flight, Burns Support Foundation,the Amie St Clair Melanoma Trust and Royal Far West.
In 2018, the fundraising for Royal Far West was generously supported and enabled our City2Surf team to contribute more than $36,500 to help this very worthy organisation.
Visit the Royal Far West website to find out more about the great work they do in providing regional and remote communities and their children with invaluable health and education services.
- Boyce City2Surf Challenge
Each year the Boyce team participates in the City2Surf Challenge. Over the past 10 years our team has raised more than $265,000 for a number of charities chosen by the team, including:
- Cure For Life Foundation in 2009 and 2010
- Angel Flight in 2011
- Burns Support Foundation in 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015
- Amie St Clair Melanoma Trust in 2016 and 2017
- Royal Far West in 2018
Our fundraising success has been made possible through the generous support of clients, colleagues, family and friends.
- Charity Partner | The Country Education Foundation
A central part of the Boyce CSR program is our partnership with the Country Education Foundation of Australia (CEFA). We have provided pro bono accounting services and advice to CEFA and some of its regional foundations since 2003. This fantastic organisation assists young people from rural and regional areas to further their career and education pursuits through the provision of financial assistance for related expenses including computers, text books and tools of trade.
Visit the Country Education Foundation website to find out more.
- Workplace Volunteering
In addition to our fundraising, sponsorship and honorary accounting activities, Boyce is also making a significant contribution to the community via our Workplace Volunteering program. Boyce team members are given one paid work day per year to assist a cause of their choice. Some of the workplace volunteering activities undertaken by our team members included:
- Meals on Wheels
- Variety golf days
- Daffodil Day
- Queen Bee school program
- Get Real Program for career pathways
- Monaro Committee for Cancer Research activities
- Salvation Army Christmas appeal
To complement our Workplace Volunteering program, some team members support organisations in their local communities in a personal capacity through honorary positions and volunteering roles with local sporting, business and community organisations. Read more in the 'Community Activities | Recent Highlights' section below.
- Sustainability initiatives
One of the main areas of focus of the Boyce CSR Group over the coming year is to consider office sustainability. Two areas - electricity consumption and paper useage - will be targeted initially.
Each office has been given a breakdown of the costs incurred over the previous twelve month period and asked to introduce processes to reduce consumption without reducing productivity and service levels.
Ideas for reducing paper consumption include printing documents double-sided, not printing emails, using electronic task lists and notes and presenting reports to clients electronically where appropriate.
Simple things to reduce energy consumption have also been implemented including switching computers off at the end of the day, reducing the number of documents that are printed (saving electricity and paper) and ensuring heating and cooling systems are set to run at optimal efficiency.
There are lots more things that the Boyce CSR Group is looking into such as installing energy efficient lighting for example. Stay tuned.
- Community Activities | Recent Highlights
As well as the support provided by Boyce through the CSR program, many of our team also give their time and assistance to a range of local community organisations and charities. Below are some recent highlights:
- Stacey Hinton and Kate Daley from Boyce Cooma competed in the "Strictly Musical" event in 2015 which raised more than $200,000 for the Monaro Committee for Cancer Research - a huge effort!
- The Boyce Goulburn office was a major sponsor of the "Art in the Woolshed" event held in Goulburn. More than 300 people attended the function which raised $30,000 for the local Country Education Foundation group.
- Many of our team members have volunteered their time throughout the year to distribute meals for their local Meals on Wheels organisations.
- The Boyce Wagga team's support of the Amie St Clair Melanoma Trust via pro-bono accounting services and governance support through Boyce Manager, Kate Garrette's role on the Trust's board. A recent achievement of the Trust is the employment of a Melanoma Care Nurse for the Riverina area.