Bushfire Assistance: Lodgment and Payment Deferrals

25 February 2020

The ATO has announced that deferrals for lodgement and payment for BAS for taxpayers affected by the bushfires will be automatically applied. If you’ve been preparing your BAS and noticed your due date is now 28 May 2020, this is why.

The list of affected area postcodes can be found 
here and will be added to as required. If you’re not in an affected area postcode, the ATO have asked that you call the Emergency Support Infoline on 1800 806 218 so they can try to assist.

Please keep in mind, the ATO has specifically reminded employers that they still need to meet their ongoing superannuation guarantee obligations and that these deferrals do not apply to large pay as you go withholders.

Now is a great time to check that your ABN details and information are up to date as this information is used by Emergency Services and other government agencies to assist during times of natural disaster as well as identifying where financial relief is needed.

For more information, please click 
here or contact your local Boyce accountant.

Accessing Online Government Services with MyGovID

13 February 2020

The authentication method to access government systems is changing for any individual or business with an ABN from the end of March 2020. The new system is called MyGovID and will be used to access online services such as the Business Portal.

Despite having until the end of March to organise this change, it is recommended this be organised as soon as possible to ensure a smooth transition. Should issues occur, this will allow you enough time to resolve before your current login method is discontinued.

If you have slightly different names across different forms of identification, please be aware this may cause you issues. There have been cases where people have to reapply for identification which can take an excessive amount of time.

Below is a link to the ATO website that has basic instructions on how to set up MyGovID.

If you have any difficulties or would like further assistance, please contact your local Boyce accountant.